“To act at all times with honesty, integrity and responsibility and in the spirit of good faith and fair dealings”
1. Gladstone Area Group Apprentices Ltd (GAGAL), a member of Group Training Australia, is bound by a Code of Practice based upon the following ethical principles:
2. GAGAL is striving to achieve world best practice for the training and employment of
apprentices and trainees. By our commitment to this Code we provide our clients with the
confidence that using group training is a better way of providing quality outcomes
for apprentices and trainees.
3. GAGAL shall not knowingly engage or co-operate in any activity that:
4. Experience has shown that the majority of disputes are of a minor nature and often due to a
lack of understanding of Group Training arrangements or a simple misunderstanding. GAGAL strives to
communicate effectively and regularly with their clients at all times.
5. All GAGAL’s clients have a right to prompt resolution of any grievances relating to GAGAL’s service or conduct. The matter will be dealt with in line with GAGAL’s corrective action procedure.
6. GAGAL commits to providing a quality service to host employers, apprentices and trainees and other clients by complying with GAGAL’s Quality Policy.